10 Things All Cooking Impaired People Know

Who says I can't cook?? Clearly you've never tasted my cereal.

30
YouTube

My fellow cooking impaired beauties, there is a timeless saying about cooking being the fastest way to someone's heart... But if you are like me, cooking is the fastest way for your date to wind up at the emergency clinic. That being said, here are ten things you are well acquainted with if your cooking skills are lesser than that of a two year old.

1. "Just Add Water" is your lord and savior

No phrase in the world elicits as much excitement for someone who cannot successfully boil water, as this phrase. The hardest part of these foods is just deciding whether that water is purified or tap water.

2. You definitely CAN screw up boiling water

And you probably have... No shame though.. We've all been there. Restarting a gas stove burner is a challenge we are both unequipped to handle, and under prepared to handle, despite running into this issue every time.

3. "Instant" rice is the enemy

Yes, you can burn undercooked rice, we're VERY well acquainted with that.

4. Mac and Cheese is the GOAT

Boxed mac and cheese is the babe. It's simple and requires very little cooking ability, minus the boiling of water (See #2).

5. Takeout is the only "cooking" we excel at

Not entirely sure you can actually call it cooking, but I have the Chinese place down the road in my speed dial, and they know my order as soon as I speak... It takes almost as long as actual cooking?

6. You can screw up melting butter

It just takes a minute, and the next thing you know you have a smoking pot of brown liquid that smells just awful. Definitely not ideal for cooking.

7. Salt and Pepper are the only seasonings

Like, we know other seasonings exist, probably. But in our limited culinary knowledge, salt and pepper are the only spices we need. Anything else is just too much, and will probably screw up our food.

8. Raw meat is not our friend

Raw meat is very tricky. It requires careful handling, and most require accuracy in cooking to prevent illness. As a result, my meat consumption comes from restaurants or lunch meats. #ICantCook

9. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are life sustaining

If you can't cook, peanut butter and jelly is an essential part of your food pyramid, because it covers most of your bases! There's protein in the peanut butter, sugar in the jelly (and if you try really hard, maybe some fruit too), and grain in the bread! It's able to sustain you forever.

10. The kitchen is one of the least useful rooms in the home

To someone who knows how to use more than the sink, I'm sure the kitchen is full of wonderful possibilities... But if you can't tell the difference between the stove temperature control knob and the oven temperature control knob, then it's basically a room filled with fire hazard and despair.