10 Bible Verses That Remind Me Why I Love Jesus

Whether you're having a tough day or a tough month, Jesus will get you through.

745
www.faithstreet.com

Mark 10:27

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.'"

When we are faced with challenges in our lives, we may think, "How am I going to get through this?" Often times we may feel that the only way to get through a rough patch is by miracle. But Jesus reminds us that when we act and think with God, He will provide us with the strength necessary to make it through our hardships.

John 15:12

"My command is this: love each other as I have loved you."

This is a tremendous task for those of us who realize how much Jesus loves us. Who else do you know who would endure extensive suffering and a brutal death for you? Jesus asks us to respect and honor each other the way He did with everyone he encountered in His time on Earth.

Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

This one goes out to the college students: Thank you, Jesus, for reminding me to focus on one day at a time. The stress of a week with three exams, five quizzes, and two papers can only be handled one day and one task at a time.

John 3:30

"He must become greater; I must become less."

Humility is something that we all struggle with at times. We can get caught up in the wealth, power, and materials of our daily lives, but we need to be reminded that we are nothing without God.

Isaiah 53:4

"Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted."

The ancient Greek word for the highest form of love or, more specifically, the love of man for God, is "agape." The greatest example of agape love is the suffering and death Jesus endured for His Father. When we encounter troubles or burdens in our lives, it does us well to recall that God is not punishing us. In fact, only with the help of God can we make it through our grief and come out of it with love in our hearts.

John 15:7

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."

Jesus provides a gentle reminder that our faith is not for nothing. As long as we remain with Him, we will be rewarded with the greatest gifts of all: eternal life and eternal love.

Hebrews 13:8

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Constancy is something we look for whether it be in a friend, a job, or a spouse. One of the reasons I love Jesus so much is because of His permanence in my life. When things are falling apart, Jesus is my rock, because I know that He will love me through anything.

John 8:7

"And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, 'Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.'"

Similar to John 15:12, part of loving our neighbor is to not condemn each other for our sins. Part of being human is sinning, that is the cost of our God-granted free will. Jesus teaches us to not place blame on others for their wrongdoings because we ourselves are no better.

Matthew 5:10

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Doing the right thing is not always the easy thing. Sometimes others may choose the wrong path, and while it is easier to go with the flow rather than fight it, it is always best to do what is right. Jesus reminds us here that our faithfulness to His teachings and willingness to do what is right will not go unrewarded, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to those who fight for righteousness.

John 15:5

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

Jesus is the greatest constancy in our lives, and we are dependent on Him for everything. He reminds us time and time again that through God, we can do anything, but apart from God, we are only human. In order to live our lives the way God intended, we must love and depend on Him.