10 Must-Go Ann Arbor Restaurants, Depending On Your Mood

Let your feelings (or your stomach) lead the way.

468
Rachel Mount

With school in full swing, our feelings are going to be bouncing all over the place. From getting the internship of your dreams to getting soaked by a bus driving through a puddle and anything in between, there's an endless amount of feels you'll be having this year.

Best way to balance out your different mood swings? Food. Well, food really is the answer to everything, and as a life-long Ann Arbor-an, I can promise there's at least 1, if not multiple restaurants around the area whose atmosphere will perfectly suit whatever you're feeling.

Buckle up, because I'm taking you way past South University Ave.

So, the only important question is: what are you feelin' today?

1. Health kick

Whether it's your lifestyle *applause* or you're taking it a day at a time, Ann Arbor comes in clutch with the body friendly options.

The Lunch Room: located in the center of Kerrytown, it's a great place to come for vegan and vegetarian options. Even you meat lovers won't be disappointed.

2. Trendy

It's a real feeling, and most girls on campus can probably take a shot at where this one is going.

Savas: a very modern place located on central campus, raved about for brunch but deserves praise for their dishes all around. Probably the most featured restaurant on your girl's Snapchat/Instagram.

3. Studious

If you're hungry and wanting to study, sometimes the Ugli cafe push just doesn't do it.

Literati Coffee: a quaint bookstore that isn't always discovered by students, but is an amazing place to go to when you want a study view that's not out the windows of the 4th-floor stacks.

4. Post-test failure

It's a real emotion, I swear.

Rod's Place: frozen yogurt and Korean food. A pretty interesting mix found on State Street, but it feels so right. Any type of stressful day I find myself heading over for some make your own colliders or the bibimbap (or both).

5. Sporty

Maybe not an emotion, but there are definitely days I'm more in the mood to watch ESPN than others. Ann Arbor has a number of great sports bars in the area, making is super easy to find your favorite surround sound tv location.

Pretzel Bell: found right on the corner of Main Street, its new renovations offer great discounts, great viewing, and the perfect game food.

6. Celebratory

Halfway through the year and you got your first A on an exam?! Hell yeah, this could be your peak and you definitely don't want to mess it up by choosing the wrong place to post victory smash.

Bar Louie: a higher end, full of positive vibe bar and pub between State St. and Main St. Known for the great atmosphere, comfy outdoor/indoor seating, and great drink selection, it's a common go-to for many occasions.

7. Old school

Classic diners are by far my favorite place to eat because no two are ever the same.

Fleetwood Diner: I could spend hours here. From its rustic, throwback exterior to the classic American dining dishes, there's nothing quite like it. Best of all? It's open 24/7.

8.'College debt realization' level of broke

Relatable, right? This one's a shoutout to making the mistake of checking your account and seeing a very minimal amount of money remaining. Surviving a semester off of $6.12? Challenge accepted.

Backroom Pizza: this one may not be the classiest of options, but a huge slice of pizza is $1-$1.50, and they offer meal deals for less than $5. A hot spot for late nighters in the heart of central, but great for any cheap, quick meal.

9. G.N.O.

For a night out with the girls or a #saturdaysarefortheboys date night – there are some restaurants that have group friendly meal options worth checking out.

Aventuras: not only do they have an amazing and super fresh brunch options, but their tapas menu is to die for. There are endless options to pick, and each comes with many plates for sharing.

10. F*ck this I'm not checking my bank account!!!!

When you're wildin' and not in the mood to care about finances, or can just straight up afford whatever, Main St. is the place to go.

Gratzi: money aside, hands down one of the best Italian food places in the area. The atmosphere is rustic, and the uniqueness of their dishes makes them stand out. Also, there are huge birthday discounts so treat yo self.