To The Girl Who Wasted Her Time On Someone Who Broke Her Heart

To The Girl Who Wasted Her Time On Someone Who Broke Her Heart, You're One Step Closer To Happily Ever After

Don't be afraid to cry and feel hurt, but you are not alone in this.

173
ABC

I've been there many times... in fact, I am there currently. Talked to this boy for a few months, you met his family, he meets your family, spent all of your free time together, went on dates and did basically everything a couple would do, but then one day he sends you that one text that we are all dreading when we're dating or talking to someone, the "I can't do this anymore, I'm sorry" text.

Now that hurts. You spent so much time with him, and opened up to him, heck you might have even said you loved him.

I know what's going through your head and you feel there isn't enough Ben & Jerry's and Nicholas Sparks movies in the world to help. It will get better though. For starters: GIRL, if he couldn't call you or tell you to your face that he wasn't interested anymore, LET THAT MAN GO!!!!

All in all, you just need to remember this is not your fault. He is clearly not the one for you and that is OK. Surround yourself with friends and family who help boost your spirits. Eat that fifth container of ice cream, and watch "The Last Song" or "The Notebook" for your third time today. Go shopping for some needed retail therapy. Stay in those same 6-year-old sweatpants for half a week. Cope the way you need to cope, but don't try to call him or text him. Try to forget he even exists.

I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but your time wasn't wasted.

This experience will teach you some very valuable life lessons and those will bring you to a lifetime of happiness one day. You're one step closer to finding your happily ever after, and I think that is a pretty good thing.

Hang in there. It'll get better.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.