4 Books Every College Student Should Read Before They Graduate To Help You Grow Up

These books have inspired and taught me how to improve my lifestyle and become the best version of myself.

1580

These four books are perfect for finding yourself and experimenting with growth.

1. "Do Your Laundry or You'll Die Alone"

This book, by Becky Blades, is essentially "Advice your mother would give if she were listening."

When I first went off to college, my mom's best friend gave this book to me as a gift. She wrote a note in it that said, "Call your mom" and included note cards and envelopes to mail letters to her. In the book, Blades writes over 100 pieces of advice to young women that would be your mom giving you advice on something. From money-saving tips to dealing with relationships, this quirky book is perfect if you are missing your mother and want to know what she would say if she were there.

2. "The Gift of Forgiveness"

I am currently reading this book by Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt.

This book includes Pratt interviewing different people who have overcome being unable to forgive. They talk about their story of how they learned to forgive the other person, when at first glance, it seemed impossible to do. This book teaches us that forgiveness is a gift for ourselves and not for the other person. These true stories of people inspire the audience to forgive, let go of anger, and not let it consume us.

3. "Spark Joy"

This is the sequel to "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo.

Marie Kondo is a Japanese woman who came up with the KonMari method of tidying up. "Spark Joy" revolves around only having items in our home that bring us joy. The book delves deeper into what the term "spark joy" means and goes through the inspiring method of discarding items, clothing, dishes, or anything that do not have meaning in our lives. This book is a great manual for those who are seeking a happier home and really challenges those who are interested in minimalism.

4. "The Secret Art of Being a Grown Up"

The perfect book, by Bridget Watson Payne, for any college students who are graduating and transitioning into adulthood.

This book incorporates pieces of advice about how to be a mature adult. Written in a humorous, light-hearted fashion, Payne captivates her audience by addressing the hard life situations in a way that is appealing to the young. There are tricks and tips such as how to change a tire, how to pay your bills, and even what tools to have in your kitchen that are essential. It is the perfect place to start if you have no idea what to do now that you've graduated from college. I'm graduating in a year and feel that this book is already coming in handy!

As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.