I have had a boyfriend the past three and a half-ish years, which around three or four months of singleness in the middle. Every since I was 15 there was always someone there I was seeing. Most of my relationships were good until the last one. The last one made me realize I want to be single for as long as I can stand it. I went into this thinking it was going to be lonely and boring. But let me tell you it is the opposite.

I can do whatever I want whenever I want. I have never really had that before. I always had to either report back to somebody who always wanted to know what I was doing. There was never a time I could just turn my phone off because I had to always text my boyfriend but now I could throw my phone off a cliff and I could be okay (not really I love Instagram too much)

I have been able to open myself up to new people that I never would have before. I put my time and energy into building friendships with people who aren't going to end up hurting me because it isn't a relationship.

I have more time for myself. I can balance my schoolwork, social life, family time, everything I am involved in so much for efficient now that I don't have to schedule out time for a boyfriend.

Of course, there are lonely times. When all my friends have boyfriends and they all want them to hang out. When I sit there and I realize I am the only one without a boyfriend, I remember something very important. I have the rest of my life to have a man. One day I will get married and I will have to spend all day at a job, come home to him and children, go to sleep, and repeat it all again. That sounds boring and not for me.

For now, I am going to stay happily single and living my best life.