Best Workout Classes at Pottruck Based on Your Personality

50

As the semester kicks into high gear, it can be easy to let your fitness take a back seat. But with this easy guide to Pottruck Health Center, you will easily and efficiently be able to fit your work out in to your ever-changing schedule. 

Upon gazing at the group fitness class schedule in Pottruck, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. You may be reluctant to try a class because you have no experience in a class of that type; you may avoid classes altogether because you're not sure if it is going to be a worth while workout; you may even just be repulsed by the idea of a fitness class in general because working out is not always fun. 

Which ever persona you identify with, I am about to make your life much easier. Below is an easy to navigate guide on how to pick a fitness class simply based on your personality. Enjoy your workouts! 

For the person who hates to work out...

To all of you people, I feel ya. I really do. Sometimes there are few things I dread more than my daily exercise. So when I am starting to feel especially burnt-out on my regular gym routine and the sight of a treadmill starts to make me physically nauseous, I always like to opt for a Zumba class. For those of you who don't know, Zumba is an aerobic dance class of sorts, and to the men out there, do not think that this means that this work out isn't for you. I promise you will get an amazing cardio workout while getting to jam out and dance to some of your favorite songs. I highly recommend the Monday Zumba class with Shira from 4:00-5:00 pm.

For the person who only has time to workout a few times a week...

You're involved in a million clubs, your class schedule is jam packed and you also are attempting to have a social life and see your friends every once in while. Time is something you don't usually have, and you are lucky if you make it to the gym once during the week. Well, if any of this describes you, I would suggest you start taking the Spin and Abs class with Chris on Mondays and Thursdays from 6:30-7:30 am. I have taken this class a few times, and every single time I do, it kicks my butt. This is a great way to get both your cardio and ab exercises in at one time, and for the person with the hectic schedule, this is a huge plus. Even though it starts at essentially the crack of dawn, it's a great way to get your workout out of the way and make a healthy start to your day. 

For the person who only lifts weights at the gym...

We've all seen that guy (or girl) at the gym who spends their entire time in the weight room lifting, bench pressing and doing other weight room things. While you can probably lift a small child's body easily at this point, you are missing out on all of your cardio exercise. So instead of bench pressing 200 lbs for an hour for the 12th time this week, try a BODYCOMBAT class to switch things up. BODYCOMBAT most closely resembles a kick-boxing style class, and it is a great way to get a cardio workout without stepping foot on a treadmill. Cardio is just as important to your health as your weight lifting and strength training is, and it is also a good way to keep yourself from getting too bulky (unless you like the bulky look; you do you). I would try the BODYCOMBAT class with Chuck on Monday from 12:00-1:00 pm or Thursday from 6:30-7:30 pm. 

For the runner...

I know, I know running is a stress reliever, freeing and a great workout, but it can also be really hard on your body. As a runner, I am no stranger to the sore knees and joints that accompany my running habit. Although I used to be the person who ran every single day, I have decided to give my body and joints a rest a couple days a week and opt for a Pilates class instead. Pilates is an amazing full-body workout that exercises your physical strength, tests your flexibility and posture and is soothing to the mind. With Yoga influences, Pilates is a perfect way for a runner to get an exercise sans cardio and sans sore joints. I would encourage you try out the evening Pilates class with Julie that runs from 7:30-8:15 pm.

Now, I know you may not fit into one of the persona's listed above, but I think all of the classes I have recommended would be great for anyone. So take advantage of the wonderful classes that Pottruck has to offer—at least while they are still free.