UNC From A To Z

UNC From A To Z

"Our love for this place is based on the fact that it is as it was meant to be, the University of the people." - Charles Kuralt

214
UNC From A To Z

It seems like everybody here has fallen in love with the alphabet of UNC—all of the little things that make up the nation's best value in public higher education for in-state and out-of-state students for the 16th year in a row.

A - Alpine Bagel.

It's on the bucket list to try all the bagels, and the cream cheese is definitely world renowned.

B - Bricks.

From tripping on them to collecting to them, their just a quintessential UNC experience.

C - Chapel Hill.

There's something about a small, college town that just makes it irresistible. Even more so when it's your tiny college town.

D - Dean Dome.

The capacity may be 21,750, but the dome has actually topped out at 22,125. That many screaming fans is something you can't quite forget.

E - Events.

From Sunset Serenade to Holi Moli, nobody puts on an event quite like UNC does.

F - Franklin Street.

Whether you're rushing it or strolling it, the street seems to have a character all its own.

G - GDTBATH.

Let's face it, this is mostly fun to confuse non-UNC students with.

H - History.

The nation's first public university. Enough said.

I - Intramurals.

We can play inner tube water polo, and if that's not something to be proud of I really don't know what is.

J - James Taylor.

Because he chose us, and that's something no other school can say.

K - Kenan Stadium.

Though the stadium has been expanded several times since it was first opened in 1927, great care has been taken to keep it below the Carolina pines that surround it, earning it the title of "most picturesque football stadium in the country."

L - Libraries.

Even if studying isn't going so well, it's pretty difficult not to love Davis and Wilson, with their big windows and cozy study spaces.

M - Mapleview.

The ice-cream is delightful and the scenery is gorgeous. What's not to love?

N - National Championships.

42 NCAA Division I national championships across 7 sports. 5 NCAA Basketball Championships.

O - Onyen.

Any school that names their username after a vegetable is near and dear to my heart.

P - Pit.

You never know what you're going to see, and there's so much fun in that. Whether it's someone making a smoothie with a bike, a corn hole competition, or a giant beach ball prepped and ready for signing, there's always something going on.

Q - Quads.

Polk Place is, of course, the favorite, but it's hard not to fall in love with every quad on campus, and adopt a favorite tree in each one.

R - Rivalries.

Let's just say there's a lot of satisfaction in ending the alma mater.

S - Secrets.

Maybe not real secrets, but everybody has a spot on campus that they've deemed "theirs", and it's nice to pretend that nobody else knows about it.

T - Tarheels.

Just imagine a team so tough that their heels are stuck in tar.

U - Union.

Walking into the Union and smelling Alpine, seeing the decorations for all times of the year, and finding your favorite table open feels an awful lot like coming home to a favorite spot here on campus.

V - Varsity Theater.

$4.00 tickets for any movie in a quaint old theater. What's not to love?

W - Well.

It all goes back to tradition, and we're just very fond of that.

X - eXploring.

Sure, it's a stretch to make it start with X, but it is one of the best parts of this school. We've got a huge campus, and there's no way to run out of things to do or see.

Y - Yopo.

New flavors every week and oh so creamy.

Z - Zipline.

There's full moon zip lining right here on campus.