Unbreakable Advice From Kimmy Schmidt

Unbreakable Advice From Kimmy Schmidt

6 life lessons I’ve learned while watching this Netflix original.

64
Unbreakable Advice From Kimmy Schmidt
Couch Potahto

Netflix and chill anyone? Netflix has expanded into the most dominant streaming company for both television shows and movies. Netflix even has a whole category for Netflix Original shows that they produce themselves. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt follows a girl that was in an underground cult or 15 years, but is then rescued and decides to start over in New York. She is enthusiastic and genuine and… not with the times. The show follows her new life starting over and along the way, I managed to pick up some important life lessons…

1. It is okay to have nothing and start over.

Kimmy goes though some of the toughest circumstances ever but she’s not afraid to have nothing and start over. A lot of times in life, people don’t do things out of fear. They don’t leave their unsatisfactory situation because the thought of starting over is too much to handle. Kimmy taught me that having nothing doesn’t mean you’re nothing and starting over is the bravest thing you can do.

2. Be yourself and be genuine.

It doesn’t matter how weird you are, or different, being yourself will get you noticed and it will make you a lot happier overall. There is a lot of distress when you don’t act like yourself. Let your freak flag fly and the people around you will learn to love it as a part of who you are.

3. Always do the right thing.

Kimmy will always go to great lengths, even if it’s extremely inconvenient, to do what she thinks in the right thing. Overall though, this helps her land a job, several friends, and a few love interests. Her moral compass that guides her is something that is more rare now but it helps her make daily decisions and by always doing the right thing, she never has to question what she stands for.

4. Women are strong as hell.

This is a line the theme song, but it’s also good advice. In society, women are sometimes depicted as weak but there are numerous examples of how this isn’t true throughout the show.

5. Don’t ask for handouts or pity for others.

In one episode specifically, one of the girls from the underground bunker uses her fame to get free stuff while people take pity on her. There is something admirable about the way that Kimmy refuses to gain something without working hard for it. That is a true lesson to be learned.

6. You can last 10 seconds doing anything!

Kimmy says that when you’re doing something that you absolutely hate, just count to 10. When those 10 seconds is over, count to 10 again, and again. This is some advice about perseverance and how not giving up on things will really get you somewhere in life.

Check out the new episodes that are coming out soon on Netflix on April 15th! Who knows what other life lessons there are to learn from Kimmy and the crew of quirky characters that this Netflix original show features. The possibilities are endless, did we mention that Tina Fey is the writer?