Why I Phi Lamb

Why I Phi Lamb

This one's for the Lambs!

441
Why I Phi Lamb

There are nearly 400 sisters in our chapter and we all have a story about why we chose Phi Lamb but I think that our hearts for our sorority all sing the same song. There isn't a single one of us that doesn't bust out an infectious grin when we catch our letters on a car in front of us in traffic and try to swing around to flash them an overly excited wave. We all love standing in the ballroom in the Memorial Student Center as the lights dim and the worship music begins to fill each corner of the room and every inch of our hearts. We love wearing our over-sized comfort color t-shirts, Chacos and our letters around our neck but what we love the most is Jesus.

Just like any other sorority we have rush, we have pledgeship, we have induction, we have initiation, we have retreats, we have point requirements, we have officers, we have committees, we pay dues, we answer to nationals, we have bigs and littles, we have reveal day, we have chapter meetings, we participate in Songfest, we volunteer with Big Event, we have a philanthropy but the most talked about subject and most important thing to our entire nationally recognized sorority is Jesus Christ.

With the joy and hope that Jesus Christ delivers, there's one thing that I'm absolutely sure of and that is that Phi Lamb girls have the glow that heart full of His love brings. That's why I personally believe that there is nothing prettier than a 'Phine Lamb' girl. And like every large group of pretty girls we also deal with everything that comes with our girly nature. Dresses, parties, semi formals, lipstick, big smiles, boyfriends, cat fights, 21st birthdays, sleepovers, coffee dates, pot lucks, cooking together and learning God's word together.

And because I want to set the record straight, I want to be truthful with all of you. Something every one of our sisters have including myself, is sin. But Phi Lamb encourages us to pour into one another and love each other through our struggles so that we continue to grow in our walk with the Lord no matter what we're going through. Phi Lamb has taught me that God's word sheds light on all things, even the bad. He hides incredible blessings in great storms and my sisters are there for me when it rains and pours!

I Phi Lamb because I came to rush but when I met my future sisters all I wanted to do was slow down and know God with them. I realized I met girls who didn't know my name but they deeply cared for me without even thinking. They wanted to know me and they wanted me to be phamily. I come to chapter meetings to worship and feel the weight of my week lift off of my shoulders. Most importantly, I Phi Lamb because God made a place for each sister in our sorority. He saw us all coming and knew we would need sisters to lean on when things got tough, to stumble through 24 hours without sleep when we pull our crazy all nighters, to lift our spirits when we're two stepping the night away at Harry's, to take silly sorority pictures when we are wearing maroon gowns and sporting our brand new diplomas, to stand beside us at the altar when we're starting a new chapter in life, and to stay our sisters for the rest of our lives.

Being a member of the Beta Chapter of Sigma Phi Lambda at Texas A&M University has taught me to be so incredibly grateful to be a part of Greek Life. Being a part of this world gives us so many huge opportunities to share God's love. I love that our sorority's letters stand for 'Sisters of The Lord'. I am grateful for each sister who committed to loving us and loving God. I am inexplicably grateful for the officers who put coffee, sweat and tears into making a chapter of 400 Jesus loving girls a functional sorority. Thank you to our president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, chaplain and pledge trainers for sacrificing so much to give us such an incredible chapter here at Texas A&M!

Thank you to everyone who has supported our sorority and helped us spread the love of Jesus at songfest, buying PR shirts, attending mixers, attending formals, being friends with us, praying for us, respecting us for who we love. We wouldn't be Phi Lamb without all of you.

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and one mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Romans 15:5-6

Dedicated to all of my PHINE lamb sisters across the nation. I wish I could meet every single one of you and thank you for being a part of me and loving me without knowing me. Special thanks to the Beta chapter for putting up with me, forgiving me, being there for me, and loving me no matter what. Last but not least thank you to my LITTLE LAMBS Adrianna Brady & Christina Reese for sticking by my side.

ΣΦΛ - These letters don't make me better than you. They make me better than I used to be.

XOXO-AB