12 Ways Disney Has Impacted My Life

12 Ways Disney Has Impacted My Life

The little things Disney does that make me worship it even more.

675
12 Ways Disney Has Impacted My Life

Ever since I was a little girl, all things Disney related were my absolute favorite. Whether it was watching "Toy Story" and writing my name on the bottom of all my favorite toys or dressing up like Cinderella to help my mom clean the house, Disney has only made my life a better place.

Although Disneyland is already regarded as the “happiest place on Earth,” I wanted to write a tribute to all the things Disney has done to touch my heart and make me who I am today; a crazed fan who still spends more money at the Disney store than she should at this age. These are the most extra special things about Disney that everyone should appreciate.

1. "Tangled." This movie was pure gold. Maximus, Flynn, Rapunzel, even Mother Gothel, they’re all such quality characters. Even though I’ve seen the movie literally hundreds of times, each and every scene has me enthralled. It’s one of those movies that will never get old and will always be able to lift my spirits. 

2. WALL-E. This adorable, little robot is the reason I got over my fear of them. Who knew a film with such few words other than "Eve" could capture my heart so immensely. His personality is so precious, and the love he has for Eve, wow, it truly made me set my bar higher.

3. Disneyland. Okay well duh. Disneyland, as it is for many, is my home away from home. Since the original park opened 59 years ago, it has been bringing joy to children and adults alike. It’s a magical place where, for a day, all your cares seem to vanish. Being able to go to a place where all of your favorite childhood characters are running around and are huggable is truly amazing. 

4. Simba. Lion King is such a great Disney classic. Simba’s struggle with himself after his father’s death, hits home for many. The strength he finds to overcome the hardships of life has dealt him relate to anyone and everyone. If Simba can do it, I can do it. 

5. Elsa and Anna. Frozen, particularly “Let it go,” was a hit across the world. Although this movie had so many important messages to illustrate, my favorite was that of Elsa and Anna. Their relationship teaches siblings young and old, the true meaning of family. The circumstances they are given may not have been ideal, or realistic, but their bond and love for one another gave the story a much deeper meaning. I mean, who doesn’t want to build a snowman? 

6. Disney Channel. I’ve watched it since I can remember and still find myself addicted to it more than I’d like to admit. It’s given us quality shows like "Boy Meets World," "That’s So Raven" and "Lizzie McGuire" and Disney continues to produce awesomeness such as "Good Luck Charlie" and "Phineas and Ferb." 

7. Mickey Mouse. Mickey is the original Disney character and, in my opinion, by far the best. The original Mickey Mouse cartoons Walt Disney created, are still enjoyed worldwide, and will never be forgotten. Mickey’s the star of the party and it wouldn’t be right any other way. 

8. "Toy Story." This movie taught me to appreciate my toys, and as a kid, that is such an important lesson. Learning to value the things that mean the most to you, is something that you will utilize for the rest of your life. 

9. Disney Nature. What better way to learn about nature than to add a little Disney to it? The Disney Nature videos are not only the coolest things on the planet, but we actually learn from them too. 

10. Olaf. Who would’ve guessed that a talking snowman could be so cute? His singing, dancing and quirky personality can put a smile on just about anyone’s face. And that nose, who could resist that cute, little carrot nose? 

11. "Pirates of the Caribbean." One of the most epic movie series of all time. Period. Jack Sparrow is the most piratey of pirates and his character is so unique, but yet so relatable. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes I could be him. These movies not only have the comedy, but also the action and adventure. What more could you want?

12. Walt Disney. Without him, none of this would be possible. Mr. Disney started a company that would grow bigger than anyone could imagine and he did it while touching the lives of millions along the way. Just a simple man with a simple childhood, Walt created something incredible. The many quotes from this wonderful man are mottos to live by, and remind me everyday that “all our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."