The Srat Star Uniform

The Srat Star Uniform

33
The Srat Star Uniform

If you walk around campus, all of the girls with those funny looking letters are wearing the same type outfits.

It appears that there is some sort of universal uniform for sorority girls, but it’s a pretty simple uniform. There are just a few articles of clothing you’ll need to fit in with the srat stars.

First, you’ll need t-shirts, preferably Comfort Colors with a frocket, that are at least two sizes too large -- and lots of them. After all, you’ll be wearing them seven days a week. When buying them, keep in mind: the bigger the better. They may feel like a dress, at first, but that just means that you’re super comfortable. Before long, a shirt that actually fits will feel too small because it touches you. And if it's monogrammed, that makes it even better! 

You’ll also need Nike shorts, or norts as most srat stars prefer. It’s fine if they don’t match your too-big t-shirt; chances are, the shirt will completely cover up the shorts, and you’ll look pants-less. No worries, though, you won’t be the only pants-less looking girl on campus! 

When it gets too cold for the norts, you’ll want leggings. It’s not like you actually want to put on real pants, so leggings will work just perfectly.

As weird as it may sound, you’ll need to invest in a fanny pack. No, they aren’t just for 90’s moms. They’re perfect for carrying the basic necessities to date parties, swaps, and down to the beach for spring break.  

You’ll want at least one pair of Chacos. They are the most practical and comfortable go-to sandals for all of your sprints to class. Another perk about Chacos -- they leave incredible tan lines, so you always know exactly how much you improved your tan throughout the day.  

Yes, you already have the Chacos, but you’ll need some Nike Frees, too. They are the best tennis shoe for heading to class or the gym. You’ll go at least once when you drag yourself away from Netflix after you’ve had too much coffee! 

You’ll also need some tube socks to go with the Nikes. Tube socks are the tall socks that your mom made you wear back in 1998 but, take my word, they’re cool. 

Awesome shades are also mandatory! RayBan Wayfarers are the best. Not only do they make me feel cool when I think of the Rihanna song, “Cheers (Drink to That): "Got my Ray-Bans on and I'm feelin' hella cool tonight, yeah,” but they double as the best hair accessory, ever.   

There’s just one more item you’ll need to set off your look. It’s so basic white girl that I bet you overlooked it. A Starbucks cup! Duh. Like how else could you make it through that dreaded science class or philosophy class without your daily venti, skinny, upside-down, caramel macchiato with a double shot of espresso?  

As long as you have these items, you’ll be the ideal srat star walking around campus. You may not be the cutest, according to some guys, but you'll be super comfortable! Plus, it's not like you won't dress up enough on Friday and Saturday nights to make up for it!