My Experience With Pure Barre

My Experience With Pure Barre

308
My Experience With Pure Barre

Some of us women have a harder time toning muscles and losing weight in relation to men, or at least we like to think so.

When it comes to losing weight, the only way it can be done is through working out, eating healthy, and having a mind-set that motivates you to conquer that last mile you need to run or to not eat that .99 cent pastry at Panera. If you are like me, you might feel like you eat as healthy as you can and run your body to its limits yet you see no results. You get frustrated that you don’t look like that Victoria’s Secret model who is set as your background on your computer or phone or is plastered all over your kitchen. If you are still reading, sit back, relax, and listen with open ears, because I’m about to share a new fitness secret.

Pure Barre offers a full resistance workout that tones your body from head to toe. Not only does Pure Barre cause your abs, arms, and legs to shake every class, but it also features up-tempo music that makes each class fun! No, you do not have to be skinny. No, you do not have to wear expensive workout clothes. This is the stereotype that was wedged inside my head before I took a few classes. Once I started attending class regularly, I began to notice that the women at the studio were all different sizes -- some big, some small, some short, and some tall. Not everyone was wearing Lulu Lemon, and no one criticized about what was worn. The instructors wanted the best for you, and everyone in the studio was very encouraging each and every class, always offering any help they could.   

I entered my first class at Pure Barre just last summer. I was skeptical about what the class would be like or if I will even see or feel a difference in my body. Throughout my first class, I felt like an underdog because I couldn’t keep up with others around me. My legs shook, my arms boggled, and my abs were filled with pain. The next day my whole body ached with soreness, my chest even hurt with every breath I took. As I continued going back to the studio, I had begun to memorize the moves. I didn’t give up so often, and I became less sore. I was no longer a small fish in a big pond.  

Instructors at Pure Barre say that many people begin to see results when they start going to class four to five days a week or after about 10 classes. Just hearing that statement gave me the motivation to keep going to class just to see if they were right. 

This past summer I decided to make the courageous decision to buy a month worth of visits. To my surprise, I immediately began seeing results. My legs were becoming stronger, my stomach was beginning to shrink, and I could see the definition in my arms. I began getting compliments from others and I started to feel happier and more confident putting on a bathing suit. I was running on days that I didn’t go to the studio to get extra cardio and I was eating more fruits and vegetables then I ever had. I became passionate about Pure Barre very quickly.   

My advice for those who feel like nothing is working is to try new things that might intimidate you. Get off the couch and off Netflix and do something to get your heart pumping and your body sweating. Start to eat healthier not just because it will help you to shed a few pounds but because it will make you feel better inside and out. Whatever you do, do not get discouraged and do not give up. A better version of yourself is in the making.