Why Wine Is Better Than a BF on Valentine's Day

Unlike a significant other, wine will always be there for you.

16

Single this Valentine's Day? No worries, many of us will be. I'd rather have a bottle of Chianti over Cupid's arrow any day of the week. There are plenty of reasons why spending Valentine's Day with a bottle of wine is better than spending it a significant other. Here are just 7. Remember, unlike a significant other, wine will always be there for you.

1. You can ditch the gifts and the pressure.

Did you really want the cheesy card and teddy bear from the drug store? Probably not. Instead of worrying and overthinking about what to get you significant other, you can get your self a bottle of wine! Whether it's red or white, you can't go wrong with this fabulous gift to yourself. Some people spend hundreds of dollars on their significant other for V-Day. Do you know how much wine and pizza that is?? Think about it.

2. Galentine's Day, because ovaries before brovaries.

This year celebrate Galentine's day. Leslie Knope had the right idea when it came to Valentine's Day. Get together with all of your other single girl friend's and take wine night to a whole new level. Whether your sipping out of a chic wine glass or slapping the bag, you can't go wrong with wine. Spending Valentine's Day with your girls will be way more fun anyway. Sip on some Chardonnay and watch your favorite chick flicks. Unlike a significant other, wine will always be there for you and your girls. You never have to worry about wine not texting you back or being a jerk either.

3. Wine is the cheapest date, ever.

This year ditch the fancy restaurant or expensive show and get yourself a cheap bottle of wine. For $10 you can spend your night with a lovely bottle of Barefoot Moscato, perfect for all of us single college girls. If wine experts can't tell the difference between cheap and expensive wine, neither will you. I don't know about you, but my pajamas and a glass of wine sound like a solid date night to me. Bonus tip: A whole bottle of wine fits into a Starbucks Trenta cup, so it only counts as one glass, right?

4. You can have wine any way you want it.

Unlike a significant other, you can pick however you want your wine. Whether wine is room temperature, chilled, with ice cubes, in a glass, out of a bag, in a solo cup, or straight out of the bottle, the way you have your wine is completely up to you. Instead of wanting your man to be like Ryan Gosling on Valentine's Day, watch one of his movies with your besties and a glass of wine. Gosling + besties+ wine= you can't go wrong.

5. Wine will never leave you heart broken.

Go ahead, indulge in a box of wine this year on Valentine's Day.Wine would never drop you like a sack of potatoes like Warner did to Elle in Legally Blonde. Actually, red wine is good for your heart! Red wine contains antioxidants which may increase your levels of high-density lipoproteins and protect arties. Forget the apple, a glass of red wine a day will keep the doctor away.

6. Wine will always make you feel classy.

Drinking wine out of a wine glass makes us all feel classy, don't lie. When we hold a glass of wine we get a certain feeling of high class, even if it is just $8 Yellow Tail. Fancy parties all always centered around this adult grape juice. Instead of worrying that you significant other is taking you to the local dive, fill your glass and enjoy the night to yourself or with your girl friends. You'll feel Blair Waldorf, and who wouldn't want to feel like the princess of the Upper East Side?

7. Wine will always open up.

Unlike a significant other, wine will always open up to you. Whether you're using a bottle opener or some method that you got on Google, wine will always open up to you. This Valentine's Day there is no need to worry about getting your partner to pour out their feelings to you. Pour a glass of wine instead.