Alabama Is The Most Hated Team In The Nation And We Love It

Well, obviously.

178

A Reddit fan poll launched results that Alabama is the most hated football team in the country .

Apparently, other teams don't like it much that the Tide stomps all over them year after year. But in Tuscaloosa, we still say, "Hail Saban" and don't mind when we shut out a Division 2 team on Homecoming.

There's that old phrase, “The grass is always greener on the other side,” that is supposed to make you feel less envious of what others have.

However, in this case, the grass in Bryant Denny is always greener. At least we actually have the record to back up all the trash talking we do, which is more than a few other teams can say (*Cough*Auburn*Cough*LSU*Cough*). We have so many championships, why wouldn’t other teams hate The Tide?

Sometimes being hated for being a powerhouse is a good thing. It is certainly not something most students at the University of Alabama complain about. We love to win, and by win, we mean by at least three touchdowns. Any less and it's considered a close call. Sorry, not sorry.

“Saban owns college football in both recruiting and coaching. It’s his world, we’re all just living in it,” said Robert McKenna of Delta Chi fraternity. Heck, there are even alumni and parents of students on the bandwagon that love the Tide just as much as the students that get to go to every game.

“We poison trees, sabotage stadiums and we still get more National Championships than you. That sounds a little redneck, but facts are facts,” said Zach Hamontree, a recent graduate of The University of Alabama.

“Coach Bryant is famous for saying, 'I ain’t ever been nothing but a winner.' Obviously this attitude was the beginning of the powerhouse it is today,” said Amy Davenport, mother of Whitney Davenport, a senior member of Alpha Omicron Pi.

It might actually be a fact that there is nothing like tailgating on the Quad, drinking an ice-cold beer. On every game day in Tuscaloosa, it is guaranteed that “Sweet Home Alabama,” "Dixieland Delight" and “Wagon Wheel” will start playing on repeat at 10 a.m. and everyone will sing the vulgar lyrics louder than the actual lyrics. Who cares that you will smell like charcoal all day, as far as you’re concerned you just made ten thousand more friends just by shouting “Roll Tide” as you walk.

Alabama fans may have a little too much too drink, talk a little too much smack and treat our football season like it’s our religion, but one thing is for sure: Auburn fans are so much worse.